Sunday, July 8, 2007

3 A's Appetizer

Our first day of driving lasted 17 hours! As the only driver in the car mis amigas had to tolerate my griping and moaning about my sore butt and back. They were indulgent and as our reward we got to see the Las Vegas strip at night. (Yes, I drove from Bend all the way to Las Vegas the first day!) A new sight for Sami Who's really never seen the Southwest (She's a Bendite from birth). It was exciting, but crankiness ensued all around as we had to drag bags around Circus, Circus looking for rooms, then drag ourselves around looking for food at midnight. Sami was able to find her way around the hotel better than Danae and I. So, from that point on she became my trusted navigator in strange neighborhoods and out on the highway. She never failed me! As a reward, we ate Krispie Kremes for breakfast. We hit the road again caffeinated and sugared-up, to find our way to Glendale AZ, and The AZ Caviness Clan. They were waiting with open arms, great food, and music. We met up with Doug, Pam, Beth, Becky and Otra (Becky's boyfriend) at the party and shared the blues with the whole gang. Kudos to Mark and Neva Caviness who never fail to put on a fine party. We are looking forward to the Fifth Annual Blues Review. Besure to check my You Tube Video section for a taste of The Caviness Brothers Roadhouse Blues Band.













Along the way we managed to see Hoover Dam, the biggest Joshua trees I've ever seen, and bunches of saguaro cacti. The desert picture here pretty much sums up the view our first couple of days from inside the car. (You all know why dessert has 'ss' and desert has just one 's?' That's how it is with desert pics too. One goes a long way.) Party over---next stop Vista!



1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

You what!?! Aren't you nuts driving 17 hours?! I guess you beat my driving records: I drove 11 straight hours... looking forward to reading more of your adventure trips...